Arrival & map
Next City: Chemnitz (50 km)
Nearest city: Chemnitz (50 km)
How to get there:
via A14, exit Leisnig, follow the signposting.
via A4, exit Hainichen, follow B169 just before Doebeln; exit for Leisnig
Leisnig Mildenstein Castle can be reached by rail from Leipzig or Chemnitz (change trains in Doebeln for Regionalbahn to Leipzig. The rail station is below the castle (15-min walk). Benefit from discounted DB tickets ›Mittenrein reisen‹
The Mulde River valley cycle path passes right at the foot of the castle hill. (routing at www.muldentalradweg.de ) There is a connection between the Mulde River valley cycle path and the Elbe River cycling path near Doebeln (www.elberadweg.de)
There are parking facilities at Marktplatz, Lindenplatz and at Schlossberg (which is the castle’s own free carpark).
December to February
Updates on events and special guided tours during times of closure are announced specifically.
April to October
- Tue - Fri: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sat, Sun, public holidays: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Mon: closed
- Sat, Sun, public holidays: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Mon - Fri: closed
Subject to modifications.
- Full rate 6,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 5,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 5.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 4.00
- Children aged between 6 and 16: EUR 1.00
- Group rate for school students (15 people and more): EUR 1.00 per person
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 4.00 per person
- Annual card Mildenstein castle: EUR 12.00
- Leipzig Card: reduced rate
- BahnCard: reduced rate
- Seniors’ Day on every Friday, except on public holidays: reduced rate (from age 65, promotional period April – October)
- Per group: EUR 30.00 (up to 30 people)
- Outside opening hours: EUR 50.00
- Guided tour per group of school students: EUR 15.00 Euro
- Outside opening hours: EUR 20.00
Foto and video permit
- EUR 2.50 (for non-commercial purposes)
- Children aged 5 or younger
- People visiting the castle on their birthday
- Accompanying adults of severely disabled people (entry »B« in the disability pass)
- Tour guides
- Tour bus drivers accompanying a tour group
- One accompanying adult per 10 school students
- Media workers (valid identification required)
- Holders of the schloesserlandPASS
* valid for Altzella, Gnandstein, Kriebstein, Mildenstein, Nossen, Rochlitz and Colditz. When submitting a full-rate ticket from one of the above properties, visitors are granted the reduced rate at the 2nd property. Those who visit all 7 properties with their “Discoverer’s Pass” will be admitted to the last property for free.
Subject to modifications.